WEAPONS by Guest Writer Joan Prasad
Eph. 6 v. 13. Our responsibility to take the amour against evil day.
Test – Money when step and in full time service
– health in family.
Items of amour. Everyone is for defense not attack – for our protection. (devil is cunning not powerful)
(1) Girdle – belt of truth. Gather together loose clothing. Eliminate loose thinking. Think along lines of bible. Tenth – plainly honest. Strip off the religious tradition.
(2) Breastplate of righteousness prov. 4:23 heart source of life. 1Thes. 5:8. Breastplate of faith and love. Faith works by love, Gal. 5:6.
(3) Feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace . Thick leather shoes – we have to be mobile. – preparation – getting acquainted with the gospel – Gospel that brings peace. I must have peace as a witness – close to enemy sleep with boots on.
(4) Shield of Faith – Shield – Door type – large and a shelter. Claim protection on all who you deal with their loved ones and pets. Covers everything.
(5) Helmet of Salvation – head – mind. Isa 61 v 3. Joel 2:22 deliverance a supernatural act but up to me to keep my mind clear – or protection. 1 Thes 5:8 Faith love and hope; Rom. 8:24; Col 1:27; hope of glory; Faith protection of heart. Hope protection of mind. Rom 8:28; Christian must be optimist
(6) Sword of the spirit; Rhema of God. (Spoken word)
Completely covered except for the back need to stand with a friend to water my back – stand in gap.
Basic principle – Christ has already totally defeated Satan by His death and resurrection – Victory has to be entered in Col. 2:13,14,15. Principalities and powers have been
(1) Defeated by Christ and we are together with Him. Satan has no weapons. Satans basic weapon- Guilt. Rev 12 Vs. 10 Job 1; We are not guilty but righteous. (1) Isa 44:22 God has blotted out our sins and Isa 43: 25 will remember them no more (2) ordinances – Law of Moses – Eph 2:14; Col 2:14; Rom 10:4 we are set free from the law of Moses. Our faith is recorded to us for righteousness – we are excepted in the beloved Eph 1:6. Satan has not a weapon against God’s righteousness (our faith) Peters denial. Col 2:16. The righteous is bold Acts 4:29; Rom 8:1. No condemnation!! I am in Christ. Out working of Christ’s victory 2 Cor 2:14 – Revealed by H. S.
(2) Triumph Highest honour the roman senate gave to victorious generals. White horse chariot drawn through street and all captives and spoils of war (evidence of victory). Where are we. In the Chariot with Christ. Victory can never be taken away 1 Jon 5:4 and depends on us
(3) Matt 28: vs 18 power – authority. Therefore – because Christ has authority and we are to go and exercise it. Mark 16. Manifest – cast out demons 5 supernatural signs; 5 smooth stones of David. Signs are ordained to follow those who go. Matt 16:18 Hades – unseen realm. Not scriptural to face satan. Discipline – part way to victory. Church army under attack change attitude from defensive to offensive
God and Father I counter-petition Satan, I come to you in the name of Jesus Christ my Lord and lay claim to this person. I claim him/her as my inheritance which you promised to give me (if the person is your child or spouse). Satan may not have him/her. I ask you to open his/her eyes so that he/she see the light of the gospel of Jesus Christ. Amen so be it.
I beseech you therefore, brethren by the mercies of God that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God which is your reasonable service. And be not conformed to this world but be you transformed by the renewing of your mind that you may prove what is that good, and acceptable and perfect will of God. Rom. 12:1 – 2.
Lady Joan Prasad was former Head of School of Uma Ukpai Bible College Uyo, Nigeria